Wednesday, July 6, 2011

bewitched.

The release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two is only a week away, and seeing as I am an uber-nerd my anticipation is almost unbearable. Although I never really got excited to see the movies until the last three (simply because in the first five I couldn't separate the books from the movies and would just sit there thinking about everything that was missing), I was always excited for the premieres. This is mostly because I may, or may not, have a mild girl crush on Emma Watson and her developing style over the years. Seriously, the girl has had Karl Lagerfeld and Christopher Bailey (she was the face of Burberry for a while) wrapped around her finger since she was fifteen. Obviously we've all watched her grow up (weird since I was growing up at the same rate) but I really feel like she has managed an extremely graceful transition from adolescence to adulthood. She's come a long way from her frilly, poofy dresses at eleven years old to not being afraid to be edgy or take a risk like chopping all her hair off. And she hasn't just taken an interest in wearing fashion, but has gotten into designing as well. She established a collaboration with People Tree to create a fair trade clothing line, and then was approached by Alberta Ferretti to contribute to another fair trade line. So not only is she making great clothes, but she's helping the world too! Just more reasons to love her!
Anyway, before I go on for too long about how awesome she is, I'll just share with you some of my favorite looks of Emma's over the years. The press tour has just started today, and I can't wait to see what she pulls out for tomorrow night's London premiere.
In Rafael Lopez. One of my favorite looks ever. 2010
In Vintage Ossie Clark. 2009.
Oh you know, just hanging around Glastonbury festival wearing straight off the runway Vuitton. NBD. 2010.

In Proenza Schouler. Emma in my favorite designer... awesome. 2009.
In custom Burberry. Oh just being Christopher Bailey's date at the Met Gala, whatevs. 2010
In Burberry. Love. 2009
In Burberry. 2010
In Chanel. 2007.
In Rafael Lopez again. A promising start to the final press tour. 2011
(ps- thanks to emma-watson.net for the pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment