Thursday, July 7, 2011

and feathers in her hair.

Finally! I finally have feathers in my hair!

My friend Kali and I have been obsessing over the idea for a while thanks to our extremely stylish former teacher (Make It Beautiful). Just before we broke down and bought our own kits Mrs. H found a great site, Fine Featherheads, and ordered her own to sell to us! So tonight she had a feather party, and we basically geeked out about how cool we were going to be with our feathers. And we were so right. Since we got the natural set, they're neutral enough that they don't scream, "Hey, look how cool I think am because I have feathers in my hair!" But they're enough to quietly whisper, "Oh, I have feathers in my hair? Yeah, no big deal." They're kind of addicting too, like tattoos, you just can't stop at one. People keep joking that I'm just going to end up with a head full of feathers, and no more hair. To that I say... well, maybe (just kidding, I like things in moderation.). What made us feel even cooler was driving down a back road with the wind blowing our feathered hair. I love nothing more than bringing out my inner hippie, which isn't that hard to do considering that I often feel like I was born in the completely wrong time period,  and my new feathers definitely help contribute to feeling like I could be driving a VW bus on my way to Woodstock rather than driving my Oldsmobile on my way to the post office... 
we really just can't stop looking at them.
featherheads <3

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for the shout out. I am already debating which ones to order next...

    ReplyDelete