Monday, June 13, 2011

it's (lawn) partytime.

(invitation only)
 My best friend and I have decided that we're going to dedicate this summer to doing activities that we've never bothered to do in our "backyard". On that list was going to the lawn party in my town (although I have actually done this before). 
Just to paint you a little picture: My town has one stoplight and is where the FFA (which used to stand for Future Farmers of America, for those not in the know) was founded. My high school had a drive your tractor to school day and I'm very used to the smell of manure. This could sound like a place  I would hate, but I really do love it. It's one of the most beautiful places ever, and I'm fairly certain there's not anyone around here that wouldn't be willing to lend you a cup of sugar or just a smile if you need it. You know, just Smalltown, USA. 
Some of you might be saying, "What the heck is a lawn party?" It's basically what, in any other place, would be called a fair. There are rides, games, fried chicken, funnel cakes, tractor pulls and a parade. And don't ask me, I have no idea why it's called that. This year we decided to make kind of a big deal out of going to it, but sadly it rained almost everyday. I was shocked at the amount of my friends that had never been to the lawn party, or didn't even know we had one. Granted, most of them do live in one of many surrounding towns, but really it's all Augusta County. I guess it's just one of those things about small towns, you just know it's happening, because it's been happening your whole life. 
So, my best friend didn't actually get to experience it this year (next year! for sure!), but I did get to go one night, Here's a little taste...
(lawn party!)

(friends lawn partying it up)

(funnel cake)


(best. night. ever.)
(the crowing jewel, mr.mullet)

No comments:

Post a Comment