Monday, December 20, 2010

fahoo fores dahoo dores.

Here it is. I've caved; I've finally hopped on the blogging bandwagon. So here goes nothing...

I love Christmas, quite a bit actually. It's my favorite time of the year, but this year it hasn't even fully started to feel like Christmas yet. Yes, my hall did make our best attempt to make it feel like Christmas. And yes, I've been listening to my Christmas playlist constantly (maybe since a little before Thanksgiving...). And yes, I wore some form of Christmas headgear
(i.e-bow, springy santa hat, santa headband) any chance I got. And yes, the Christmas episode of Glee, Eloise At Christmastime, and the Elf quote of
the day advent calendar helped some. But all of the sudden Christmas is five days away, and I don't feel ready at all! I feel like it was just Thanksgiving last week! I guess it's because I've been away at college for the first time, which has hindered my cheesy Christmas move quotient, non-stop Christmas radio scanning, and shopping/gift making time. But now I'm home and it is officially Christmastime! I'm sitting on the couch next to the Christmas tree with presents surrounding the bottom, watching Beauty and the Beast, which kind of counts as a Christmas movie, while I await another day of shopping tomorrow and a much anticipated reuniting of my friends! Maybe we'll all break out into song like little Whos in Whoville, and finally welcome Christmas into our hearts! :)


So here's a list of my favorite holiday season songs (in no particular order) to put you in the Christmas spirit, if you aren't already:
  • "Christmas Canon" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  • "Christmas Must Be Something More" by Taylor Swift
  • "Red Ribbon Foxes" by A Fine Frenzy
  • "O Holy Night" by Josh Groban
  • "Away In A Manger" by Brooke White
  • "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by *NSYNC
  • "Welcome Christmas" by The Who Village Choir
  • "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid
  • "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" by Gayla Peevey
  • "Christmas Lights" by Coldplay
  • "Holy, Holy, Holy" by Sufjan Stevens
-fahoo fores my friends,
may you all have merry little Christmases!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEE YOUUUU and christmas. and when we see each other at christmas. and our family at christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for your blogging career to begin! And thanks for the great Christmas song ideas. I remember this playlist from yearbook, I think!

    ReplyDelete